Back to Top
> Just for you
> Swedish Meatball Noodle Bake
> Page 2
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
FOR THE CASSEROLE:
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- First make the meatballs:
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, nutmeg, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Scoop mixture out in 1 1/2 tablespoons and roll into balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat balls and brown on all sides. (They’ll finish cooking in the oven.) Remove to a plate and set aside.
- While meatballs cook, boil a large pot of salted water and cook noodles 2 minutes less than package calls for.
- To same skillet that the meatballs were seared in, add broth, heavy cream, and Worcestershire sauce, scraping up any stuck-on bits on the bottom.
- Let simmer until slightly thicker, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add pasta to baking dish, and nestle meatballs into noodles. Pour sauce evenly over the top and top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!