Cook time: 1 Hr 5 Min Prep time: 25 Min Serves: 10-12
3/4 c sugar
3 tsp orange flavored instant drink mix (like Tang)
2 tsp cinnamon
3 c all-purpose flour
2 c sugar
3 tsp baking powder
3 tsp orange flavored instant drink mix
1/2 tsp salt
1 c vegetable oil
1/2 c water
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs
4 c apples, peeled and thinly sliced
2 c powdered sugar
1 Tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp apple pie spice or a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
2 – 4 Tbsp milk
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
2. Combine streusel ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine all cake ingredients except apples. Pour 1/3 of batter (about 1 2/3 C) into bundt pan. Layer 2 cups of apples over batter; sprinkle with half the streusel. Repeat layers with another 1/3 of batter, remaining apples and remaining streusel. End with remaining 1/3 of cake batter.
4. Bake for 65-75 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when tested. Cool in pan for 3 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate to cool completely.
5. When cake is cool, prepare glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, and spice. Add milk one Tbsp at a time until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!