Back to Top
> Best Recipes
> Simple and Easy Cream Puffs
> Page 2
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- After they have cooled completely you can put the filling of your choice.
- For these I just forced a tip and piped in whipped cream. Then I froze ours because we love the cream puffs at Costco that you eat slightly frozen.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the butter to the water and stir until it is melted.
- Add the flour and salt all at once to the water mix.
- Stir until a ball is formed.
- Remove from heat, and add 1 egg. Beat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining eggs 1 at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
Drop the dough on to a cookie sheet 1 of 2 ways:
- You can drop with a spoon OR put the dough into a ziplock bag, snip the corner off, and pipe the dough on to the cookie sheet. This is the method I chose!
- Use a heaping tbsp for each puff. (See picture below.) Make sure they are about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. Start checking them around 20 minutes. Mine took 30 minutes.