Back to Top
> Just for you
> Depression Era Water Pie
> Page 2
- 1 deep dish 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pie crust on a baking sheet and pour the 1 1/2 cups water into the pie crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Sprinkle evenly over water in the pie crust, but do not stir.
- Drizzle vanilla over the pie, then evenly place pats of butter over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F and continue baking for 30 more minutes. Cover crust with foil if browning too quickly.
- Pie will be watery but will set up as it cools. Allow to cool to room temperature, then place in fridge to chill before slicing. Enjoy!