Back to Top
> Just for you
> Southern Chocolate Cobbler
> Page 2
FOR THE BATTER:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish and put in oven. Once butter has melted, remove and set aside.
- Stir together the 1 1/2 cups sugar, 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, flour, milk, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Spoon into baking dish over melted butter, but do not stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the 2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle over batter in pan. Pour boiling water over topping, but again do not stir.
- Bake until top has set, 35-40 minutes. The bottom will be loose and a bit gooey.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!