Sorry for the horrible pictures, It’s even any wonder how I stop and remember to take them when knee deep into a project! I applied a base coat of Inglenook, by Fusion paint on the piece and waited for that to dry. I knew that I wanted to highlight this piece so I applied another coat of that to the centers of the drawers and sides. I then applied a coat of Sapphire by Wise Owl and a coat of Provence by Annie sloan along the perimeter of the drawers and sides…. and I blended with a dry brush.
I kept some of the inglenook available so I can use that to blend as well with the other colors.
here is a pic of the sides after blending… I let that dry and came back the next day.
Next, I took some of Wise Owl Paints Goldenrod on my palette knife and scraped down…. then I did same with the colors of the unicorn spit. I then sprayed with a water bottle and let it drip!
the legs… I didn’t spray here I just applied the colors with a brush… and the palette knife.
one of the drawer fronts… when I first applied my palette knife I pressed way too hard and took some of the paint off but that was ok, I was digging it… but I learned I had to be quite easy on the hand and pressure with the knife.
she is coming together here…
ok, stepped back, not looking too shabby… I know Im missing a lot of steps but I basically did same thing as sides on the drawer fronts… swiped paint/unicorn spit from left to right or right to left… and dabbed some color here and there… for the drawer fronts, I did blend the colors on the edges with a dry brush.. the sprayed. I did each drawer separately and kept the drawers in bc of the style I needed to achieve. I distressed in some spots as well…
Next I found some gorgeous paper at TJ MAxx and applied that to the drawers sides using Wise Owl Matte Varnish. WOW. this stuff works amazing for that! I cut the paper slightly larger than the surface and Waited for the varnish to dry completely… then I ran over the edges with a sanding block to remove the overhang.
lined the drawers too! these I measured and then trimmed with a razor!
I painted the top same as drawer fronts except I didn’t add the additional colors. For me, the piece was “busy” enough, the top needed to have some sort of solidity to it… so I blended, like the ocean! lol I sealed the top in the Wise owl matte varnish and the body in Wise Owl Wax.
Finished Product.. my “Somewhere Over Our Rainbow: