- 8 ripe medium avocados *see pro tip above
- 1-2 limes *juiced
- 1 jalapeno *roasted and diced
- ½ medium red onion *diced
- 2-3 medium cloves of garlic *minced or crushed
- 2 roma tomatoes *diced
- 2 small or 1 large bunch cilantro *chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut Avocados in half and remove seed. With a small knife, cut squares in flesh of avocado, making sure to not cut through skins. With a soup spoon, remove squares into a mixing bowl by scraping with edge of spoon between skin and avocado flesh.
- Squeeze lime juice over avocado squares.
- Roasting jalapeno is an optional step but adds a wonderful smoky taste and mellows the heat a bit. To roast, place jalapeño over open flame using tongs and turning once skin begins to darken and pop, roasting all sides. Dice and add to avocado.
- Cut and dice remaining ingredients, add to avocado. Stir to incorporate veggies well.
- Serve with chips or along side any Mexican meal.
*Please use as many organic ingredients as possible.*
source : Allrecipes.com