Back to Top
> Just for you
> Scottish Rumbledethumps
> Page 2
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 head Savoy or green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large onions
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Boil potatoes in a medium saucepan until fork tender. Drain and put back into pan.
- Mash potatoes until smooth and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet and sauté cabbage and onions until wilted, but not browned. Remove from heat.
- Add half the cheese and all the potatoes and stir until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put mixture in a 2 quart (or 9×9) casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover with lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes uncovered until cheese on top is golden and bubbly.