Back to Top
> Just for you
> Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips (original recipe calls for chopped dark chocolate)
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed and add eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for24-36 hours.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS REFRIGERATION.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.