Back to Top
> Just for you
> Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
> Page 2
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES. LIGHTLY GREASE A SQUARE 9X9 BAKING PAN OR LINE WITH PARCHMENT PAPER FOR EASY REMOVAL.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a square 9×9 baking pan or line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, and molasses until smooth.
- Stir in the almond extract followed by the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Combine just until dough starts to form (don’t over mix!)
- Fold toasted pecans into dough.
- Scoop dough into prepared baking pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the tip is just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing to avoid crumbling. Enjoy!