Back to Top
> Just for you
> The Pioneer Woman’s Lemon Bars
> Page 2
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, cubed
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Zest and juice of 4 lemons
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Start by making the crust:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Press into prepared pan and bake until edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While that bakes, make the filling:
- In a clean bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Add eggs and whisk until combined. Add lemon juice and zest and again whisk until combined.
- Pour over crust and bake until set, about 20 minutes.
- Let chill in fridge until firm, at least 2 hours. Dust with powdered sugar, slice into squares, and serve. Enjoy!