Back to Top
> Just for you
> The Pioneer Woman’s Cowboy Quiche
> Page 2
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter and then fry onions until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. This will take at least 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cook bacon until chewy but not too crispy. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Roll out pie crust into pie pan.
- In a large bowl, whip the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper, then add onions, bacon, and cheese, and stir to combine.
- Pour filling into pie crust and cover lightly with foil. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and let bake until golden brown, 10-15 more minutes.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving. Slice, serve, and enjoy!