Back to Top
> Just for you
> Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
> Page 2
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1-2 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 white onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 4 oz rice noodles (1/2 package)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Lime juice, freshly squeezed, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in curry paste and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk, scraping up any bits from bottom of pot. Add chicken back to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add rice noodles, fish sauce, and brown sugar, and cook until noodles are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove from heat, and stir in scallions, cilantro, basil, and lime juice. Enjoy!