16 ounces fresh mushrooms (about 24)
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced, optional
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean. Remove the stems and set them aside. Arrange the mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Finely chop the mushroom stems.
4. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the stems in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the cream cheese, half of the parmesan cheese, the pepper, the garlic powder, the onion powder, and the optional parsley to the pan and stir until well combined and the cream cheese is completely melted. Remove mixture from the pan to a bowl and set aside to slightly cool.
5. Spoon the filling into a baggie. Snip off one corner of the baggie to make a piping bag. Pipe the filling into each mushroom cap and top with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.