Back to Top
> Just for you
> Salted Caramel Butter Bars
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound (4 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 50-60 caramel candies, wrappers removed (14 oz. bag)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch dish with non-stick spray.
- For the crust, cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl for 3-5 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color.
- Mix in vanilla extract, then gradually beat in flour until just incorporated, when smooth dough comes together.
- Take 1/3 dough and gently press it into greased baking dish, then place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Wrap remaining dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until further use.
- Remove crust from oven when golden brown and let cool.
- Place unwrapped caramels and heavy cream in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir vigorously, or until smooth. If not melted after 1 minute, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract, then pour caramel over cooled crust, sprinkling sea salt over the top.
- Remove chilled dough from fridge and crumble pieces evenly over caramel-topped crust.
- Once you’ve used all dough, place baking dish in oven and bake for 26-28 minutes, or until top crumble is light golden brown.
- Remove baking dish from oven and let cool completely, then cut into squares and enjoy!