HERE ARE FIVE THE MOST IMPORTANT REASONS:
1) Oatmeal is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps your body to stabilize your blood sugar levels, to lower cholesterol, helps you have a healthy bowel movement and improves your intestinal health.
2) It is a very easy breakfast, containing just 150 calories and a moderate amount of protein. You can improve the protein intake by adding some nuts, almonds, or bananas to your breakfast.
3) Oatmeal provides you with important minerals like iron, potassium, magnesium, as well as small amounts of selenium, zinc, thiamin, and manganese.
4) As it is gluten-free, it is perfect for people allergic to gluten.
5) Oats help you to control and lose your weight, thanks to its containment of fiber that helps you feeling full for a long period of time.
Basic oatmeal diet
The key to oatmeal diet is to consume oatmeal for 30 days. There are three phases in following this diet. During each phase, you need to consume a minimum of two servings of oatmeal per day (whole oatmeal).
- Eat nothing but oatmeal for seven days (consume a ½ cup of oatmeal for each meal and add ½ cup of skim milk).
- Consume between 900 and 1,200 calories per day.
- Don’t work out during this week, because the intake of calories is too low.
- It is actually the main oatmeal diet.
- Consume a ½ cup of oatmeal three times per day.
- During that phase, you can also consume instant oatmeal.
- Include nuts, fruit, and raw vegetables in your oatmeal.
- Calorie intake should be between 1,000 and 1,300 per day.
- In that phase (after 30 days), you can fully return to your normal diet, however, the recommendation is that you limit your intake of fats in the first week
- Continue consuming oatmeal (one main oatmeal dish and one snack per day), so, that helps you to control and balance your weight.
Look at the One-day diet plan and foods that can be added
HERE IS A ONE-DAY DIET PLAN:
- Eat ½ cup of oatmeal combined with a ½ cup of skim milk.
- Add a tablespoon of raisins and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon to your oatmeal.
- Drink a cup of tea.
- Morning snack – consume either ½ cup of blueberries, one orange, one medium apple, or one grapefruit.
- Afternoon snack – some raw vegetable sticks (e.g. celery and carrots), as well as nuts, especially almonds.
- Evening snack – a sugar-free pudding.
- Eat ½ cup of the oatmeal combine with ½ cup of yogurt instead of skim milk.
- Any fruit, such as a cup of strawberries or one banana, will be good.
- You can get some meat. The oatmeal is not necessary since you’ve had your two servings per day.
- Your dinner can be – a cup of raw vegetables combined with a fish fillet, turkey breasts or chicken breasts or combine it with some rice.
- The oatmeal instead of the rice is OK.
The foods that can be combined oatmeal (remember in Phase 2):
- Chicken breasts
LEARN HOW TO SPICE YOUR OATMEAL
As there is a variety of oatmeal, you can also use different spices, to make it more challenging. Look at the five ads do that diet:
- Add a tablespoon of flaxseeds that boosts the health benefits of your breakfast.
- A serving of raw walnuts, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids,
- Frozen fruits, help naturally sweeten your oatmeal.
- Add almond milk Instead of skim milk (tastes better, and is higher in calcium)
- A protein powder can boost your protein intake.