3. I add another evergreen with a slightly different colour and texture for contrast. In this case I added ‘Blue tip’ juniper to the BC cedar. Red dogwood branches have also been added for a shot of colour (fill).
4. Keep changing it up. Varity is the spice in a good planter… In this picture I have added some ‘Fraser fir’ to the mix (fill).
5. Time to add some height with greens.
6. I like to add different textures to the center. In this planter I used Magnolia leaves and Euonymus. As an eye catcher I have used a large pine cone (fill).
7. Bling. Depending on how you feel about sparkle, this would be the time to add it. I used large silver sparkly wicker balls for that festive holiday feel (thrill).
Every planter I create is different. Putting different combinations together is tons of fun. Some other ideas of items to add to your planters are Ilex berries, holly, curly willow branches, birch logs and holiday ornaments. Have fun being creative!