30 Minute Dinner Rolls – Make these dinner rolls from scratch in just about 30 minutes!! These are great for holidays, weeknights, basically – any time you need them. Using a stand mixer and simple ingredients, you can have these homemade rolls on the table FAST!!
I’ve long been a fan of my bread maker. It takes all the work out of bread and pizza dough, and turns out a consistent product every time. BUT, it takes an hour and a half to be ready to pull out and shape/bake – and then needs to be given more time to rise…. and I needed them (and dinner) to be ready in 45 minutes.
Could I have run to the store? Sure. But WHY? When I can make these little beauties from scratch (and now, so can you!!)
These are great for holidays, weeknights, basically – any time you need them.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
⅓ cup oil
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
3½ cups flour (either bread flour or all-purpose will work)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil,
yeast, and sugar. Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
3. Mix 2 cups of the flour, the salt, and the egg into the yeast mixture
using a dough hook. Add the remaining 1½ cups flour ½ cup at a
4. Shape dough into 12 balls and place in a 9×13 pan. Let dough rest
for 10 minutes.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are just golden brown.