Back to Top
> Just for you
> Chicken and Dumplings Casserole
> Page 2
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, minced, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour veggies (along with any melted butter) into bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange chicken evenly over the top.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Bisquick and milk. Pour over the top of the chicken but do not stir.
- In the same bowl, if desired, stir together chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Season with salt and pepper and thyme, then pour over Bisquick layer. Do not stir.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!