Back to Top
> Just for you
> Cheesy Loaded Meatloaf Casserole
> Page 2
- 3 cups leftover (garlic) mashed potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled) or bacon bits
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce using two forks or your hands.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, then work in breadcrumbs and egg.
- Transfer ground beef to an 8-inch square baking dish and press it into an even layer.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top of ground beef mixture, then top with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, then place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove aluminum foil and bake for another 10-15, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.