Shrimp Pasta in a deliciously creamy and cheesy Mozzarella sauce. This easy weeknight dinner is made completely from scratch with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and red pepper flakes.
First of all, let me confess my love for shrimp. It’s one of my favorite types of seafood! I cook it quite often with all kinds of flavors, such as this pesto shrimp with mushroomsor creamy shrimp tortellini.
So, you’ve come to the right place for shrimp recipes! I’ve made all kinds of shrimp pasta through the years, and this recipe definitely stands out as one of my favorites! It was an immediate success at my house! This could become one of your favorite dinner recipes, too!
If you like the flavors of this recipe but want to make it with a different type of protein, try this sun-dried tomato chicken pasta or delicious scallop pasta.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA
- First, cook the shrimp in olive oil with lots of garlic – your kitchen will smell so good!
- Then, make the cream sauce by sautéing sun-dried tomatoes and garlic, adding cream, basil, red pepper flakes, paprika.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Finally, combine everything together: shrimp, pasta, and the cream sauce! YUM!
SUBSTITUTE FOR HALF AND HALF
- What is Half-and-half? To keep it simple, Half-and-half is the US milk product that combines half whole milk and half heavy cream to form a lighter cream.
- Substitute 1/2 cup of milk + 1/2 cup of heavy cream for 1 cup of half-and-half.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT SHRIMP PASTA
- Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, add a small amount of milk or chicken broth (or water) to shrimp pasta and reheat gently over medium-low heat until the sauce just starts to bubble. At this point, turn heat to low, and continue reheating the pasta, without simmering.
- Keep your eyes on keeping the heat medium or low. If reheated over high heat, the cream will separate.
Please Head On Over to Next Page (>) for the full list of ingredients and complete cooking instructions and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.