Back to Top
> Just for you
> You Can Now Make Your Favorite Olive Garden Soup At Home!
> Page 2
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 russet potatoes, sliced into wedges and then halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups kale or Swiss chard
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bacon, optional
- Place Italian sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. About 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- During the last minute of cooking, add garlic and sauté, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn, for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Return sausage to pot and stir in kale. Cook until leaves are wilted and sausage is warmed through. 3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream and taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve immediately. Optional: cook bacon and crumble bits over the top as garnish.