- 1 bag frozen tater tots, thawed (you will need 20 ounces or more, depending on the size of your waffle maker)
- 4 – 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 – 6 slices of cheddar or American cheese (or ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese)
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
- Preheat a 7-inch classic waffle iron on high.
- Place the thawed tater tots very close together in an even layer on the waffle iron. Close the lid and press it down, using an oven mitt or a kitchen towel to protect your hands. Cook until the tater tot waffle is crisp, about 5 – 10 minutes. (The exact time will depend on your waffle maker). Remove the waffle from the waffle iron and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat the process to make a second tater tot waffle. When the second waffle is crisp, top it with half of the cheese, the cooked bacon, and the sliced green onions. Top that with the remaining cheese, and place the first waffle on top.
- Using the bottom plate of the waffle iron, heat the sandwich until the cheese has melted on the bottom waffle. When the cheese has melted, carefully flip the sandwich over and allow the cheese to melt on the other side before removing the sandwich from the iron. Cut it into quarters and serve.
Want more tots? Check out all of our tater tot recipes in our website ?
Source & Photo: tiphero.com