2 stick butter, softened
2 c sugar
1 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Topping (use a little more of each!)
1/2 c finely chopped nuts (I use pecans)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour tube pan.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs in an electric mixer. Then, barley fold in by hand the sour cream and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. VERY important to sift!
4. Fold the dry ingredients gently into the batter.
5. Mix together the Topping ingredients.
6. Pour half of the batter into the tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the topping. Spoon on rest of batter. Sprinkle on remainder of topping.
7. Bake for 55-60 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
8. Cool for several hours; then remove from pan. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!