- 10 ounces dry spaghetti can also use linguine or fettuccine
- 3/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or equal parts garlic powder dried basil and dried oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimp.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Cook for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp are just pink and opaque. Turn off the heat.
Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the shrimp. Stir in the pesto.
Add the cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese to the pan. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 177mg | Sodium: 671mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g