Back to Top
> Just for you
> Quick Beef and Broccoli
> Page 2
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Combine steak strips and cornstarch in a large zip-top bag. Seal and shake to coat steak. Set aside.
- To a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add steak and cook until cooked through, 5-7 minutes, turning steak occasionally. Add broccoli.
- Meanwhile, stir together the garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar.
- Pour over beef and broccoli, reduce heat to medium, and let simmer until broccoli is tender but still crisp.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, stir 2 tablespoons cornstarch into an equal amount of cold water and stir into the sauce. Let simmer until thick.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired, and serve. Enjoy!