Back to Top
> Just for you
> New York Style Cheesecake
> Page 2
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a springform pan with aluminum foil. Press foil along sides of pan and crimp edges along top.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with salt and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, mix in melted butter until texture of graham crackers is like wet sand.
- Press graham cracker crumbs into bottom of springform pan in an even layer. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and cool crust completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until they reach a smooth, creamy consistency. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, fully blending in egg before adding more.
- Add sour cream and heavy cream. Mix until well blended.
- Pour filling over top of cooled graham cracker crust, and place springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- Pour hot water into roasting pan until it reaches approximately half way up the side of the springform pan, and place pans into oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn off oven, and open oven door slightly. Let cake cool in oven for 1 hour to prevent surface from cracking.
- Cool cake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before removing from springform pan to serve.