1 hour 15 minutes to prepare serves 8-10
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained and juice reserved
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then mix in vanilla and salt.
- With mixer on low, add half of the flour and beat until just combined. Add 4 tablespoons of reserved mandarin juice, beat until combined. Repeat with remaining flour.
- Pour into floured loaf pan and arrange mandarins over the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Let cool completely and enjoy!
Adapted from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen.