Every bite of this Lemon Cake with Lemon Filling and Lemon Butter bursts with lemon flavor. A wonderfully moist lemon cake is layered with velvety smooth lemon curd and frosted with fresh lemon buttercream.
- he cake is soft and fluffy. Even though it’s a moist cake, the layers are easy to work with. I spread the batter evenly in the cake pan and did not have to trim it. Of course, trimming the hump is not necessary, but to get that flat-top bakery looking cake you may want to.
- This is a beautiful cake to serve at a party.
- I filled the layers with lemon curd for a nice change of texture than the frosting. You can, if you prefer, use the frosting between the layers.
- The lemon buttercream is sturdy enough to decorate with. I chose to use fresh flowers. I wrapped the stem with aluminum foil before arranging them in the cake.
- As well, you can make two layers instead of three. I prefer three layer cakes instead of two.
- I used an 8-inch cake pan. If you use a 9-inch pan, your layers will be thin and I recommend double the cake batter recipe. Bake 30 to 35 or until pick inserted in center of the layer comes out clean.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends