My epoxy resin is 2:1 so I used 300ml in total which was double what I needed. I had some long brass bolts with nuts on them which worked great. To hold my bolts in place I used chop sticks that I taped together with the bolts in between. It is a good idea to set that up before you start, which I did not do, so it was a mad dash to do it before the epoxy started to set. Mix resin to manufacturers instructions.
This is what my set up looked like in the end. The resin had lots of bubbles in it which is why it looks white. I removed them by waving a creme Brulee torch ( Another useless item in my kitchen) quickly over the surface and they all disapeared.
Your resin should look like this after the bubbles are removed. I let them sit for 24 Hours and then just turned the moulds inside out to get the out.
The back of mine had some fine rough edges. I used a sanding block with 320grit to remove them, the front came out perfect.
The unicorn spit door knobs did not work as great as I wanted, because I did not mix it in enough with the resin. But was so impressed with the steampunk door knobs, I just need to make a piece of furniture to go with them.
Besides being door knobs these can have many uses. They would make great hooks for a coat rack, great for hanging up your necklaces and many more.
The possibilities for these door knobs are endless as to what you can add to the resin.
To see more uses for the doorknobs visit
Really can’t cost this because the amount of resin was so small and all the other items I had. And only too 20 minutes to do excluding resin drying time.