Back to Top
> Just for you
> Egg Roll Soup
> Page 2
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 small green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Heat a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and sear ground pork until browned all the way through.
- Add olive oil to pot and sauté onion and carrot for 8-10 minutes, or until softened and translucent, then add garlic and ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, then stir in sesame oil.
- Add cabbage, pork and chicken broth, and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed, then serve hot, garnished with green onions.