• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1/2 cup beef or low sodium chicken broth
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 small sweet onion, diced
• 1 small green bell pepper, diced
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar or monterey jack cheese
• 6 hamburger buns
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and broth. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high. Add the onion and peppers; sauté 3 minutes until tender. Add in the beef and continue to cook, breaking it up and browning, for another 3 minutes. Drain off fat.
Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Give the broth and cornstarch a quick stir and add it to the skillet; simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly.
Scoop some mixture onto buns, top with 1/4 cup cheese, and stick under the broiler until melted (keep a close eye, so nothing burns!)
Serve warm with chips and enjoy!