30 minutes to prepare 30-40 cookies
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 stick + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Pour oats into a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Note: A baking sheet isn’t “required” – a flat surface, like a countertop, works.
- Melt 1 stick butter in a saucepan on medium-high heat, stirring frequently to melt butter. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over reserved oats. Add milk and sugar, and stir until fully incorporated.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon full of batter onto baking sheet, pressing down to flatten.
- Melt chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a microwave safe dish, 20 second intervals on medium heat, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over top of cookies. Cookies are ready to eat once chocolate has cooled and set. Or, chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Transfer cookies to a serving platter, or store in an airtight container.