DIY concrete jack o’lanterns are so fun and easy to make! Use them as Halloween planters, candle holders, or vases for Fall florals. They’re a wonderful way to decorate for Halloween and celebrate the season.
My Love For Concrete DIYs Continues
More like my obsession with concrete DIYs continues! Y’all may remember how much I loved making DIY concrete bowls in the summertime. Then, last Fall I was a DIY concrete pumpkin making machine. So, when images of concrete jack o’lanterns kept popping up on my Pinterest feed, I couldn’t help but think it was a sign. A sign from the concrete gods that they wanted me to try my hand at a new concrete project and you do not want to upset the concrete gods. So off to Walmart and Home Depot, I went.
What You Need to Make DIY Concrete Jack O’Lanterns
- Plastic Jack O’Lantern trick-or-treat pails (I got mine from Walmart in two different sizes.)
- Fast-setting concrete mix
- Sifter (Helpful to remove large pieces of gravel in the concrete. I used a plastic colander I found at Walmart for under $1.)
- Large bucket
- Gloves (Recommended. Wet cement has a very high alkaline (high ph), so gloves are recommended to prevent the possibility of chemical burns.)
- Cooking spray (I used Pam.)
- Plastic cups (Sizing varies depending on the use of the concrete jack o’lantern.)
- Duct or painter’s tape
- Mask for nose and mouth (Recommended.)
Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends