Back to Top
> Just for you
> Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
> Page 2
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a baking sheet with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cream together vegetable oil, melted butter, sugar and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fold in carrots, raisins and pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared baking sheet (13×18 inches) and place in oven. Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cake bakes, beat together cream cheese and butter for 3 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract and salt, then gradually mix in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Once cake is cool, top with frosting and slice into squares.