- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil (or 2 sticks butter, softened)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot (3-4 carrots)
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon and oats. Mix well and set aside.
- With a mixer, beat together sugars and coconut oil in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add carrots, coconut and walnuts; blend until combined. Batter will be a lumpy.
- Add flour mixture and blend at a low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes. Watch them so they don’t brown too much! Immediately transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- If you want your cookies a little sweeter, blend a small amount of powdered sugar with a small amount of milk in a bowl. Add milk or powdered sugar until to the perfect consistency you like. Drizzle it over the cookies and serve. Enjoy!