Cook time: 5 Min Prep time: 5 Min Serves: 0
BEST IN SHOW BLACKBERRY COBBLER
1/4 c butter or margarine, softened
1/2 c sugar (splenda doesn’t work well in this recipe)
1 c self-rising flour
1/2 c 2% or whole milk
2 c blackberries, fresh or frozen
note: if using frozen berries, thaw first, and save the juice.
1/2 c sugar
1 c cold tap water to cover
note: use the saved juice from the berries to add more flavor to the cobbler. if you don’t have enough juice, use what you have then add water to make 1 cup of liquid to pour on top of the cobbler.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For the bottom layer, beat the ingredients together using a mixer. It will be like a thick cake batter. Spray the pan lightly with PAM then pour the batter into an 8 or 9 inch pan. Using a spatula spread the batter to the edges of the pan.
3. For the top layer, place the blackberries on top of the batter in a single layer, covering the batter with the blackberries. Sprinkle the sugar over the blackberries, then pour 1 cup cold tap water on top.
4. Place on cookie sheet (sometimes it bubbles over) and place on center rack in oven.
5. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour; until the top is brown and the center doesn’t jiggle. Cool before serving.
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped topping.
7. This same recipe may be used with apples, apricots, or canned peaches. It these fruits are used, place them on the bottom of a greased pan, batter on top, then sugar and water over all.
8. You may substitute boysenberries, huckleberries, or blueberries for the blackberries.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!