One floret and you’ll know why we love this cauliflower so much. The sweet sauce and crunchy cauliflower will feel like you’re eating popcorn chicken. Honestly, we love the veggie version more.
1 head of cauliower, cut into orets
1 c. all-purpose our
2 c. panko breadcrumbes
3 large eggs, beaten
Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. barbecue sauce
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp. garlic powder
Ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, Toss until fully coated.
- Set up a dredging station: In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic powder.
- Coat baked cauliflower in sauce and serve with ranch, if desired.