Back to Top
> Just for you
> Bavarian Potato Salad
> Page 2
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes or small wedges
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place chopped potatoes in just enough water to cover them. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart. Drain and rinse in cool water.
- In a large bowl place warm potatoes and mix gently with salt, pepper, and vinegar.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from heat and add to skillet onion, broth, sugar, oil, celery seeds, and dill. Stir well.
- Pour bacon dressing over potatoes and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top. Serve warm or cold.