Back to Top
> Just for you
> Traditional Soda Bread
> Page 2
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for flouring work surface
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, (make your own by following the ratio of 1 cup whole milk to 1 tablespoon white vinegar)
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients, then slowly add buttermilk until just mixed.
- Flour work surface and turn out dough.
- Mold into a round shape and cut a large cross into top.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden crust forms on outside. When fully baked loaf should sound hollow when knocked on.