• 200 g Gold Medal flour (1 1/3 cup)
• 8 Eggland’s Best eggs
• 150 g Domino powdered sugar (5.3 oz)
• Oil and flour for the form
Preheat oven to 180°C – 355°F
Prepare the cake batter:
• Whip the egg yolks with the powdered sugar until they turn light yellow. Quickly mix in the flour.
• Whip stiff the whites. Using a spatula carefully mix the egg whites with the yolk-flour batter and move to a greased and flowered 26 cm (10 inches) form. I divide the whipped egg whites into two parts since mixing is not that easy. I mix first the one part of the egg whites with the sugar batter and when well blended I add the second part.
• The batter should not fill more then 2/3 of the form.
• Place the cake directly into the oven since when the cake sits, the air bubbles from the egg whites collapse making the cake dense instead of fluffy.
• Bake 35 minutes at 180°C – 355°F.
Source : allrecipes.com