- 4 Bell peppers in assorted colors
- 3 c Shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 ½ c Marinara sauce
- 12 oz Fresh or frozen breaded chicken cooked according to package instructions
- ½ c Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice 4 bell peppers in half, and remove all seeds and the insides of the peppers. Layer them in a single layer in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Dice the cooked chicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, the parmesan cheese, marinara sauce, diced chicken, garlic, red pepper flakes, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the inside of each pepper half with the chicken and cheese mixture.
- Top the stuffed peppers with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake covered for 50 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, and broil the peppers for about a minute until the tops are browned.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.