- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
- 1 pound andouille sausage links sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup rice see note
- 1 pound shrimp 13-15 count
Add all the ingredients except the shrimp into the slow cooker and stir.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 3-4 hours). Add the rice in 1 hour before finished.
Add the shrimp in the last 15 minutes add in the shrimp.