Back to Top
> Just for you
> Sauerkraut Caserole
> Page 2
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cans (10.75 oz) tomato soup
- 1 can (10.75 oz) warm water
- 1 package wide egg noodles
- 2 cans (14 oz) sauerkraut, drained very well
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan, set aside.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper. Brown the hamburger and cook onion until it’s translucent.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, drain sauerkraut and pour into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Next, pour drained (but not rinsed) egg noodles over the sauerkraut and brown sugar layer, followed by the hamburger mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 can of warm water with 2 cans of tomato soup.Stir until smooth. Pour over the hamburger mixture, making sure the soup spreads into the corners of the pan. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes until cheese is brown and edges are bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.