Back to Top
> Just for you
> Oatmeal Lace Cookies
> Page 2
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar into a thick paste, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, vanilla, and salt. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Add egg and oats and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Spoon out onto prepared baking sheet in 1 tablespoon portions 2 inches apart. Using the back of a spoon, spread each cookie into a thin circle so oats are in a single layer.
- Bake until edges begin to turn golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on parchment paper.
- Once cool, cookies should peel easily from parchment. Enjoy!
- Note: To store, layer between pieces of parchment paper in an air-tight container.