Mold is not a topic that most homeowners want to think about. If they are discussing mold, it is likely because they have discovered some mold in their home, and as it can be both dangerous and costly, the chances are if you have found some you are desperately trying to determine how to get rid of it as soon as possible.
You may be wondering if you can do the remediation yourself and if so, what type of chemicals or cleaners you should use. Luckily for you, we’re here with those answers!
Bleach is NOT the answer for many mold issues
Be honest. What is the first chemical that comes to mind when you think of cleaning up a mold problem? Is it bleach? Chlorine bleach is often regarded as the answer for removing and halting mold growth and is, as such, usually the first thing many reach for when cleaning a mold contaminated area. Yet while bleach may be effective in certain applications, it will not exonerate mold on a porous surface and can actually contribute negatively to certain mold problems. This blog post will explain three reasons why bleach should not be used to combat mold and give better alternatives for you to choose from if you have a mold problem in your home.
Bleach loses effectiveness over time
Chlorine bleach rapidly loses its effectiveness. If you leave a glass of chlorinated water out on the counter for a few days, the chlorine will evaporate – even within the container. This evaporation process indicates that it will be hard to ascertain the true potency of your chlorine bleach solution as the chlorine can escape through plastic. It may have been sitting at the store, or in your home for some time, diminishing the ability to perform.
Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends