You will need….
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can of fruit (any kind)
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (opt.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Be sure to buy these kind of cherries, and not cherry pie filling like I did!!
- The only ingredient I had to buy, and I bought the wrong thing! Can I blame that on pregnancy brain?? Fortunately, my grandma had an extra can of cherries that I could borrow!!
- Melt margarine in a pan large enough for the cobbler.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, milk and vanilla. Pour the batter over the melted margarine.
- Pour the can of fruit (do not drain) over the batter and sprinkle with sugar (optional).
- Bake 30-40 minutes (or until the crust is golden brown) at 350 and the crust will magically float to the top.
- The six of us at our dinner party ate every last bite of the cobbler.
- This dessert is so good and super easy to make!!