Back to Top
> Just for you
> Easy Strawberry Slab Pie
> Page 2
- 1 (11 oz.) package refrigerated pie crust
- 32 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups lemon lime soda (we used sprite)
- 6 oz. strawberry jello
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- frozen whipped topping or whipped cream, garnish
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Turn both pie crusts out on a lightly floured surface and stack one on top of the other. Roll them out to roughly a 12×17-inch rectangle, then transfer crust to a large baking sheet (10×15-inches).
- Tuck any excess crust under itself, then crimp edges as desired, pricking the bottom and sides all over with a fork.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown, then remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together jello packet, sugar and cornstarch, then pour in sprite and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring until thickened, then remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Once crust has cooled, arrange sliced strawberries on top, then pour (cooled) filling carefully on top.
- Refrigerate slab pie for 2+ hours, or until set, then slice, serve and enjoy.