We built each section in a cubby or “box” and then attach them all together. We used birch plywood for the boxes, MDF for part of the base and pine for the rest of the trim.
Then he added a 1.5 inch pine trim to the front and crown molding to the top. Let’s just say I spent A LOT of time spackling all those nail holes and caulking the edges.
We bought a long metal bar and then cut it to the size we needed for each hanging section and then I spray painted the pieces to match the cubbies. They were installed with little metal cups.
We needed space for linens and laundry so we created this unit from an old armoire and a base we built.