- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 5oz crab meat
- 4oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcetershire sauce
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 24 2″ won ton wrappers
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab meat, cream cheese, garlic, green onion, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, red onion, white pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crab mixture into the center of each wrapper. Use your fingers to rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold two corners of the wonton wrapper together. Fold the other two ends to make a tiny parcel (pictured above). Pinch to seal tight and make sure there is no leakage.
- Working in batches, add wontons to the Dutch oven and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy (about 1-2 minutes). Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve immediately with sauce.
Recipe adapted fromDamn Delicious